VITEK® 2: Healthcare
Optimizing Collection to Care
The VITEK® 2 system has everything healthcare laboratories need for fast, accurate microbial identification, and antibiotic susceptibility testing.
The innovative VITEK® 2 microbial identification system includes an expanded identification database, the most automated platform available, rapid results, improved confidence, with minimal training time.
The VITEK® 2 system next-generation platform provides greater automation while increasing safety and eliminating repetitive manual operations. The rapid response time means results can be provided more quickly than with manual microbial identification techniques.
The VITEK® 2 system offers:
- Windows® based, user-friendly software
- bi-directional interface
- epidemiology report module
- Advanced Expert System™ (AES) software for on-line result validation
- a new generation of test cards
- a comprehensive database
- VITEK® 2 XL
- VITEK® 2 60
- VITEK® 2 Compact 60
- VITEK® 2 Compact 30
- VITEK® 2 Compact 15
- Microbial Identification - bacteria and yeast identification (ID)
- Antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) and resistance mechanism detection
- Epidemiologic trending and reporting
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The VITEK ® 2 system can:
- Reduce time to microbial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing results
- Offer an extensive identification and susceptibility menu
- Reduce waste with a miniaturized card-format that measures 10 cm x 6 cm x 0.5 cm and weighs only 16 grams
- Meet the needs of any size laboratory
VITEK® 2 systems use Advanced Colorimetry™, an identification technology that enables identification of routine clinical isolates. Advanced Colorimetry provides:
- High discrimination between species
- Low rate of multiple choice and misidentified species
- Minimal number of off-line tests
The system includes an Advanced Expert System (AES) that analyzes MIC patterns and detects phenotypes for most organisms tested. This helps optimize laboratory efficiency for lean laboratory management. Rapid results allow clinicians to discontinue empiric therapy and prescribe targeted therapy, resulting in improved patient outcomes and enhanced antibiotic stewardship.
With its ability to provide accurate “fingerprint” recognition of bacterial resistance mechanisms and phenotypes, the Advanced Expert System (AES) is a critical component of VITEK® 2 technology.
VITEK® 2 technology with the Advanced Expert System™ offers:
- Knowledge base developed from >100,000 references
- >2,000 described phenotypes
- >20,000 MIC distributions
- >100 resistance mechanisms detected
- >99 organisms
- On average, provides a resulting range of five to seven MIC doubling dilutions per antibiotic
- Extended MIC range to enable low-level resistance detection
- Resistance-oriented results that highlight unusual phenotypes
- Deduced antibiotic results to meet formulary requirements
- Checks every result every time
VITEK ® 2: HEALTHCARE FEATURES & SPECS
VITEK ® 2 Automated
VITEK® 2 is a fully automated system that performs bacterial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing.
VITEK® 2 offers:
- Intuitive software
- User interface screen for immediate notification of system status to increase productivity.
- Unique vacuum filler provides both safety and the highest level of automation.
- Elimination of many manual steps:
- Designed for simple temperature verification.
- Completed tests are automatically ejected into an ergonomic trash container.
For larger volume labs, VITEK® 2 is available in two sizes: VITEK® 2 XL and VITEK® 2 60
VITEK ® 2 Compact Automated Systems:
The VITEK® 2 Compact bacterial identification system, which is available in three sizes, brings VITEK® 2 technology to laboratories of every size. This instrument uses the same ID/AST cards, data management software and Advanced Expert System™ (AES) as the larger VITEK® 2 instrument.
The VITEK® 2 Compact features:
- Three-step setup procedure
- High level of automation
- Intuitive, icon-driven software
- Familiar Windows® format
- Easy graphical representation of phenotypes
- One-click result validation
Bringing VITEK® 2 productivity and automation to every laboratory
- Proven VITEK® 2 Technology available for every size laboratory
- Proven identifications using the same ID cards as the larger family of VITEK® 2 instruments
- Easy training and implementation reduces training time with icon-driven, user-friendly Microsoft Windows®-based PC software
- Improved workflow results in time, labor, and money savings
- Peace-of-mind and increased confidence with AES, the only second-generation expert system available for antibiotic susceptibility testing
- Rapid, reliable MIC susceptibility results
A compact design for optimal space savings:
- Height: 24" (60 cm) / Width: 28" (72 cm)
- Depth: 27" (68 cm) / Weight: 165 lbs (75kg)